The system was developed in collaboration with Institute of Normal Phisiology Russian Academy of Medical Science, Moscow, Russia.
– gene expression detection in whole organs using quantum dots, fluorescent proteins and special tissue staining
– single neuron and neuronal network visualization in whole brain
– embryos anatomy visualization
Features of fiber-optics design:
– optimum focusing parameters due to single mode (gaussian) propagation
– flexibility and portability
– immunity to external perturbations (vibrations, temperature, humidity, dust)
– easy and safety handling
– max. sample dimentions 30x15x15 mm
– optical spatial resolution: transversal – 6 micron, axial – 21 micron
– positioning accuracy ( Z direction) 1 micron
– fluorescent filters spectral range 425…633 nm
1. A. N. Morozov, I. V. Turchin, V. A. Kamenskii, I. I. Fiks, A. A. Lazutkin, D. V. Bezryadnov, A. A. Ivanova, D. M. Toptunov, K. V. Anokhin Fibreoptic fluorescent microscopy in studying biological objects. QUANTUM ELECTRON, 40(9), p. 842–846 (2010).